Pages

Friday, September 6, 2013

The Samantha Project Trilogy


Title- The Samantha Project 
Series- The Samantha Project Book #1 
By-Stephanie Karpinske
Genre- YA Sci Fi

Blurb-
Seventeen-year-old Samantha has a seemingly perfect life; great parents, early admission to Stanford, and a boyfriend who happens to be the hottest guy in school. But Sam's life takes a dark turn when she starts developing powers brought on by her unknown involvement in a global corporation's genetic enhancement project. Now the corporation decides it's time to take Sam back and turn on the genetic switch that will unleash all the powers of her enhanced genes. 
During a heart-pounding race to flee from the people who created her, Sam encounters another person who was part of the experimental project. He's been living in hiding for years and now that Sam's found him, she's put both their lives in danger. But they can't run for long. A technological safeguard embedded in their cells ensures that if the corporation can't have them, nobody will. 

Book Links: Goodreads*Amazon


*****Kj's Review*****
 I read the blurb to this book and wasn’t sure if I would like it or not, but color me shocked, I loved the book. Samantha seemed to have the perfect life, the perfect job, and the perfect parents, entirely everything was perfect. Quicker than you can say perfect, her world collapsed, and nothing will ever be the same again. When Samantha finds a boy like herself, they embark on a journey of discovery.
 I would recommend this book to anyone, it is definitely a good read. I was glued to the book, didn’t stop reading  until it was done. Then I wanted more and very sensibly waited because I had other books to read. I want to thank Stephanie Karpinske for giving me her book to read and review, I loved it! I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Excerpt 
I was deep in thought when I heard a voice nearby. 
“Hey, there. Brittany, right?” It was Erik, the boy from the diner. The boy from my dream. 
I stood up, startled to see him. “What are you doing here? I thought you graduated.” I felt excited and a little nervous seeing him again.  
“Yeah. I graduated last year.”
“I’ll be 18 in a few weeks,” I said, not sure why I was telling him my age. I felt my cheeks turning red.
Erik laughed. “Um, okay. So don’t you need to get to class?” 
“Oh, um, no. Not just yet.” I couldn’t stop staring at this guy. Images from my dream were flooding my head. Just seeing him again was making my heart beat faster. 
“You seem nervous. Are you okay?” He smiled and gently touched my arm. The instant his hand hit my skin, I felt a jolt of energy go through me. He must have felt it too because he quickly backed away. 
“Sorry about that. The air must be dry. Static shock, you know,” Erik said, trying to break the tension. “Here, I feel bad about that. Let’s try this again. Hi, I’m Erik.” He stretched his hand out. I went to accept his handshake, but when our hands met, we each felt another jolt of energy. It wasn’t as jarring that time, but more of a synchronized energy flow from him to me and back. It was like nothing I had felt before.
We looked at each other unable to speak. 
“Erik, I think the truck is fixed now. We can get going.” I heard Jack’s voice behind me. “Anything wrong, Erik?” Jack’s question seemed to have some hidden meaning.
“No. I just saw Brittany here and thought I’d say hello.” Erik said “Brittany” in a strange tone. 
Jack picked up on the change in tone. “And did you learn anything new about Brittany? Seems like you didn’t quite remember her from school.” 
I didn’t like the way the two of them were talking in some type of secret code. Something was up with them. I looked around to see nothing but farmland. If I was in danger, my only way to get away from them would be to run to the school. I was sure they would catch me, but I decided to try. As I turned to run, Jack grabbed my arm and jabbed it with something. Within seconds, I was lightheaded and then everything went black.

Meet The Author

Stephanie is a freelance health writer by day and novel writer by night. She's been dreaming up stories for as long as she can remember but finally put a few down on paper (or ebook) with her YA trilogy, The Samantha Project. She's currently working on a new adult romance series that’s coming out soon! When she’s not writing, she’s reading (usually YA/NA romance or a mystery thriller), cooking something really good, or running (to burn off the calories of whatever she cooked that was really good).

Follow Links


No comments:

Post a Comment