Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Armored Hearts


Title: Armored Hearts
Series: Armored Hearts #1
By: Pauline Creeden & Melissa Turner Lee
Published: May 20th, 2013 by AltWit Press, approx. 247 pages

Blurb-
When a crippled young lord rescues a girl falling from a tree, it reveals a secret about himself and his mother's side of the family that could put him at the center of a war with beings he thought only existed in fairy tales.

Tristan Gareth Smyth lived his entire life stuck at home at Waverly Park and left behind while his Grandfather makes trips to London, all because of his blasted wheelchair.

Then an American heiress falls in his lap, literally, and he must find a way to keep her at a distance to protect not only his secret, but everyone around him from an assassin sent to kill him.


Book Links

                    Sony

~~~~~Kj's Review~~~~~
From the moment the young English lord caught the young girl falling from the tree I was hooked, I knew there was so much more to discover. That the young girl would remember the young man and want to come back and find him some day was sweet beyond words. I am very much taken with this book, I find it to be so many things all at once: a mystery, a romance, steampunk, fantasy, sci fi, delightfully woven into a tale that spellbinds as one reads it. The sheer tenacity of the people in this book boggles the mind, I thought I was stubborn but they take the cake….whether it is getting your man, keeping the people you love safe, not believing that you are Fae….it’s so real.
  I highly recommend this book to everyone, it’s a wonderful tale, very enjoyable to read. I have been hesitant of steampunk I give kudos to the authors for creating a world so fascinating that I crave more of it, the sooner the better. Thank you for allowing me to enter your book world to review, it was a pleasure!! I give this book 4 out of 5 stars.

Meet the Authors


I'm a stay-at-home mom of three of the CRAZIEST boys ever. And I love them to bits. I'm also a wife to a wonderful man I met when I was 17. He went to a different High School than I did but we both worked at McDonald's. It was before texting and cell phones so we'd write notes at school and exchange them at work. We'd also talk to each other over the drive-thru headsets. Then he told me he had a picture he had drawn for art class long before he knew me that his cousin pointed out looked just like me. The picture went missing when we got married and moved into our first home together. This was kind of the inspiration for The Earth Painter.

I have a degree in Journalism and Marketing which I have never used because I've been home with my boys. Then one day my man sent me to the local book store for a day to myself. I picked up Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and my life changed. I remembered being 17. I remembered falling in love. But most of all I remembered ME. I'd become "Mommy" and forgotten all about Melissa, the girl who dreamed of being a writer, but suddenly I remembered and the writing started. And It hasn't stopped.

Follow Melissa At

       


In simple language, Pauline Creeden breaks down Biblical stories and applies them to real life in new ways. Her methods of teaching have brought new light to old scriptures. In her fiction, she creates worlds that are both familiar and strange, often pulling the veil between dimensions. She becomes the main character in each of her stories, and because she has ADD, she will get bored if she pretends to be one person for too long.

Pauline is horse trainer from Virginia, but writing is her therapy.

She is the Admin for Spirit Filled Kindle and an administrator for Readers' Realm. Her articles, reviews, and devotionals have been featured in RUBY FOR WOMEN Magazine,Devotionals for Bloggers, Faith Filled Family Magazine, and Christian Fiction Book Reviews.

One of Pauline's short stories has won the CCW Short Story contest. Other short stories have been published in Fear & Trembling Magazine, Obsidian River and Avenir Eclectia. An urban fantasy short will appear in The Book of Sylvari: An Anthology of Elves from Port Yonder Press, and a vampire short will appear in Monsters! from Diminished Media Group. She is currently editing and drafting several novels at various stages.

Follow Pauline At

             

No comments:

Post a Comment